Account Executive - London:
The Account Executive is the core job in any PR Agency. They carry out most of the day to day client delivery and administration.
They should be a capable and confident operator who has a good, but still developing understanding of the media and communication skills and who is aware of the media tools available to create and deliver the required coverage for clients.
- To research and read up on assigned client/s in order to gain a thorough and expert understanding of their products/services that enables quality outcomes for the client.
- To lead and plan delivery on assigned client accounts and to interface with their client/s on the delivery of the agreed outcomes and to ensure client/s are delighted with the service.
- To become skilled in writing creatively the full range of client outcomes e.g. press release, accurately and timeously and that reflect the voice of the client and can be placed easily with the media. For those involved in translation, to ensure an accurate representation.
- To be cable of independently pitching client stories to the appropriate media which leads to the optimum take up and placement of stories for our clients both Tier 1 & Tier 2.
- To build a broad range of media contacts and knowledge that enables the swift and appropriate placement of client stories that meet their agreed outcomes.
- To analyse, interpret and report on the media results achieved for clients that builds their confidence in our capability to deliver the agreed outcomes.
- This job typically reports to an Account Manager
- Those showing leadership potential may be assigned PR Intern staff to manage as part of their development.
- There are typically no budget responsibilities assigned to this role.
- Trainees are required to complete the TAE development programme
Scope and limits of authority
The outputs of this job are typically set by the schedule of services agreed with the client. Any actions that fall outside of the agreed plan need to be refereed for a decision.
We expect the job holder to provide data and give other inputs to aid the decision making.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Degree qualified essential as intellectual rigour is required
- Previous experience of PR and advantage but not essential
- English at written and spoken at level C2 (mastery) essential
- Foreign language capability at C2 (mastery) essential for representative countries
- Microsoft Office suite experience (desirable)
- Analysis and reporting experience (desirable)
- Planned and organised (essential)
- Ability to create rapport with different people (essential)
- Ability to influence (essential)
- Understands and can use digital and social media
- A team player (essential)
- Adaptable and flexible
- Networking & Communication
- Commitment to quality (essential)
- Client orientation (essential)