Account Manager (London)
An account manager typically leads a team and is responsible for a number of client accounts. They should be a capable and confident operator who has a thorough understanding of the required media and communication skills and who is fully in control of the media tools available to create the required media coverage in all PR areas. They will also be very conversant with the operational processes of running a PR agency and be constantly improving delivery methods.
The role should be to carry out the execution of the strategies and activities of the business, ensuring that programmes and objectives are being adhered to, and that they delight their clients through excellence of delivery.
- To lead on client delivery on up to 6 accounts
- To lead a team of up to 6 Senior/Account Executives/PR Interns
- Providing strategic counsel and identify media opportunities for clients to aid their PR and wider marketing objectives.
- Fulfilling clients’ key performance indicators and growing accounts.
- Liaising with clients regarding press campaigns, creative projects and PR solutions.
- Pitching in stories and achieving top tier and trade outcomes for clients
- Establish and build a comprehensive range of media contacts
- The ability to communicate accurately, keeping the team and client informed on progress in accordance with agreed processes, ensuring expectations are managed and any issues are escalated in a timely fashion.
- Coach and develop members of the team
- Delivers accurate written communications and can write a range of copy (internal/external) including: press releases, quotes, emails, status & contact reports, social media materials
- Maintaining trusted relationships with prospective/existing media and clients covering their specialism/client area and develops their external network.
- Analysing PR coverage and providing written reports.
- Keeping ahead of current PR trends and tools for business improvement plans.
- Be involved in pitching for new business opportunities and developing PR proposals.
- Using a full range of media, creativity/digital tools available and agreed internal processes to devise, review, evaluate and present progress on campaigns and projects, identify gaps and recommend improvements.
- Connects with colleagues from across the global Flame PR network, leveraging opportunities to work together to enhance professional development and learning.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in a recognised B2B Tech PR agency
- Experience of any one of the following sectors (Tech, Finance, Skills/Recruitment)
- Proven pitching capability and extensive media contacts
- Must be an excellent planner and be organised
- Business development exposure
- Team management experience
- High level English writing/grammar capability
- Team player
- Excellent Listener
- Degree qualified
- Foreign language capability
- Writing coherent and factually accurate press releases that only require exceptional amends from seniors and clients.
- Ability to draft feature copy for trade, corporate and business publications for client that is well informed and appropriate to the end user with minimal client or media amendment.
- Amending and improving press releases, internal copy for newsletters etc. drafted by account executives.
- Capable of writing creative new business proposals with direction from account director, and drafting evaluation reports, speeches and presentations as required.
- Complete understanding of how the media works in the particular areas in which you operate - the opportunities available and building relationships with journalists etc.
- Driving the media relations programme for all clients as laid out in the agreed programme of activity with your account director.
- Pro-actively seeking and identifying publicity opportunities to ensure that the maximum level of coverage is achieved for your client, project etc.
- Overseeing programmes of media promotional activity, such as competitions, sampling offers, free for every reader offers etc.
- Proactively looking for opportunities to grow the media horizons of the client.
- Competent in all verbal approaches to journalists - consumer, business-to-business and trade - to sell in ideas and discuss opportunities.
- Plan and manage the organisation of events ranging from workshops, photo calls, press conferences, training days etc. on behalf of clients.
- Understand and advise on media handling including interview briefings, developing Q&A’s, exclusives, embargoes and damage limitations.
- Alert clients to PR risk or opportunities presented by broader areas of corporate responsibility, e.g.: employment practices, health and safety at work.
Meetings & Planning
- To lead meetings. Ensuring that preparation for the meeting is well organised and that account directors or seniors are fully briefed on meeting contents.
- Taking a key role in presentations to existing client and at new business pitches as required
- To ensure meticulous forward planning and engagement of those in the team to ensure client delivery.
- Has a background in B2B PR within tech space, gained working in-house or within an agency environment. However not necessary.
- Has a creative approach and who is able to create engaging content that tells a brand story.
- Have strong relationships with the press and established media contacts.
- Strong attention to details.
- Experience in team management and development.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent ideally in English, PR, Communications, Marketing, Business or Journalism.
Great career opportunities as we grow the business. Flame PR is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Expected Start Date: With the right candidate, as soon as possible
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time and Permanent
Location: London Office Based
Salary: £32,500.00 - £37,500.00 per annum (Negotiable)
Apply for Role:
Flame PR London
Flame PR New York