Purpose of the role
The Consultant works with both their clients and their team to ensure the efficient and effective running of their accounts. They clearly understand their clients’ objectives and requirements, the commercial terms of their retained accounts and projects and level of resource required to service the accounts. Client facing, Consultant translate quick but creative thinking into decisive action; providing team management, delegation of tasks and exceptional media relations skills.
This job will typically report to one of the following roles: Contributor, Senior Contributor, Consultant, Senior Consultant or Account Director.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Build and maintains strong relationships with clients, establishing yourself and Flame PR as an invaluable long-term partner for marketing and communications services;
- Manage all communication with the client and ensures deadlines and service agreements are met consistently by yourself and the team;
- Work closely with the client and Account Director to regularly review account performance, identifying and communicating opportunities for additional PR, marketing and digital services;
- Add value to new business pitches by providing support with coordination, content generation and presentation preparation, in addition to attendance; and
- Schedule, organizes and runs regular client meetings and calls, providing consultative advice on tactical communications activity.
- Understand and avidly follow the news agenda, positioning clients and products within the wider news narrative
- Oversee all media relations activity on behalf of the client, maintaining key media contacts for campaigns and projects
- Build, maintain and develop productive relationships with journalists, bloggers, influencers and analysts across national, trade and vertical media channels
- Utilize networks to create and maximize client coverage, advising on long-form and short-term narratives
- Maintain and promote a sound understanding of current affairs relevant to the industry and the wider news agenda
- Deploy rapid response to breaking news on behalf of clients, reacting quickly to emerging stories in line with client profiles
- Lead on developing plans for accounts with the wider team
- Oversee and provide content creation for campaigns and projects including press releases, articles, blog entries, and other written material;
- Draft, and oversee the drafting of, a broad range of written materials including biographies, briefing documents, media alerts, soundbites, Q&As, backgrounders and boilerplates, ensuring a consistent level of high-quality content; and
- Work with the wider team to improve knowledge of techniques and writing styles across multiple channels and platforms.
Digital / Social Media
- Pitch additional digital content including infographics, animations, and video to support written content and client aims
- Use social media and proactively explores new tools, solutions, and processes to continuously evolve and optimize client PR campaigns; and
- Work collaboratively with the Digital team to increase the utilization of digital services wherever possible.
Teamwork and development
- Act as a respected line manager, working closely with line reports to maximize strengths, improve weaknesses and support career development;
- Line manage the account team, including coaching, supervision, assessment and review of junior team members;
- Set team objectives on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis;
- Ensure the on-going achievement of all deliverable client objectives;
- Monitor team activity levels against account delivery, budgets, increasing and decreasing individuals' allocation where necessary;
- Provide guidance to colleagues on how to best manage campaigns, including answering general new business requests;
- Work with the Talent team to recruit high calibre junior level candidates into the team;
- Work with the HR team to reward, retain and develop your team and resolve any performance related issues; and
- Regularly attends and leads training sessions and daily press briefings to enhance skills and develop knowledge.
Reporting and analysis
- Ensures that all activity and results are reported back to the client, providing insight and analysis where possible;
- Communicate account performance internally (account reviews) to relevant stakeholders; and
- Provide detailed reports to the Account Director or senior management team on request.
- Run and support training sessions, with a view to maximizing opportunities to expand team skills and grow revenues;
- Take a proactive role in promoting the Flame PR’s brand, its work, identity and values;
- Supports the HR / talent team by promoting both internal and external opportunities at Flame PR across social media and via the referral scheme; and
- Contributes and supports the continuous improvement of systems, practices and policies.
- Has a background in B2B PR within tech space, gained working in-house or within an agency environment. However not necessary;
- Has a creative approach and who is able to create engaging content that tells a brand story;
- Have strong relationships with the press and established media contacts;
- Strong attention to details;
- Experience in team management and development; and
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent ideally in English, PR, Communications, Marketing, Business or Journalism.
Great career opportunities as we grow the business. Flame PR is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Expected start date: With the right candidate, as soon as possible
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time and Permanent
Location: London Office Based
Salary: £32,500.00 - £37,500.00 per annum (Negotiable)
Apply for Role:
Flame PR London
Flame PR New York